Wednesday, December 05, 2007

So this is Christmas....


I think I've mentioned this before.

I love Christmas! It makes me happy. Two of my CDs in my car are Christmas CDs. "Relaxing Christmas" and "Barenaked for the Holidays" (nothing perverted, just BNL's holiday CD). Seriously, I loves me some Christmas. I'm not a religious person per se, but I love this holiday just the same.

To completely change the subject, sort of... I just finished a great book called "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" by Christopher Moore. It's a brilliant book and I highly recommend it to those of you with a good sense of humor with regards to religion. It's a "comedy" about the years of Jesus' life that the bible doesn't cover, ages 13 through 30. How he learned to multiply food, walk on water, heal the sick. It's really funny and it's a great story. I love the way Moore writes. He tells a great story. Next on my list is, "You Suck: A love story". Can't wait.

Also, I am re-reading the Dark Tower/Gunslinger series by Stephen King. I have read all 7 books and when I finished I knew I had to re-read everything again. I read all the books when they originally came out (yes, I waited the 6 years in between "The Waste Lands" and "Wizard and Glass"...damn near killed me!!) and then waited again for the final 3. Brilliant, brilliant story telling. Each book is better than the last (I think "Waste Lands" is my least favorite, but still a good story). By the end you're so exhausted, but still hungry for more.

Speaking of hungry...I gotta run and eat breakfast. This may or may not be my last post of the year. Just depends on how work and everything else goes. If I don't talk to you, have a wonderful holiday, whichever holiday you celebrate.

Happy Holidays!!



No comments: