Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Thank you, Sh&%$ Bag!




So, yesterday I innocently went in to take my son into his classroom and amidst the chaos of Monday morning drop-off a mom came over and asked me, "Is that your blue Ford Escape?" To which I reply, "yes, it is" thinking I'd left my lights on and she says, "Your window's busted out." Pardonmesaywhat??


In the 5 minutes I was in his classroom someone busted my front passenger window and stole my purse. D'OH!!! They got me and another car. The worst part was that I was parked in the front-most space at the school, right front and center. The one you'd think would be the MOST safe. The other car was parked up next to the school. I feel all icky knowing that someone was watching me and my son, waiting for us to go in so they could break into my car. The kicker is that 90% of the time I put my purse on the floorboard or under my jacket or in the back seat for EXACTLY this reason. The other mom had her driver's side window busted. At least they were kind enough to bust my passenger window.


D-man was on the scene and helped by calling the bank first and getting our accounts shut down. We talked to insurance and will be getting it fixed with a minimal charge. I was on the phone all morning cancelling credit cards, getting new medical insurance cards, registering fraud protection with the various credit protection companies and all of the other fun things that go along with getting your ID, credit cards, etc stolen. They got no cash from my wallet(haha, joke's on them!), but they did get some gift cards :-( Our insurance rep said that our homeowner's insurance might cover the reimbursement on the cards, but we'll see. Don't know that I'm that concerned about it at the moment. I'm mostly just thankful that neither the boy nor I were hurt. They just wanted the stuff. (Heck, just ask. I'll give you my purse....don't have to break my window!)




We found out around 3pm that they somehow managed to cash checks for two of our accounts totalling $600!! (bastards!) But since it was AFTER we'd put a hold on our accounts the bank is responsible. BUT I have to sign affidavits and all that crap b/c someone is too lazy to work for their own money. UGH!!


Things they did not take: CVS cranberry pills, hair clip, cell phone, blue tooth, lunch box (complete w/ breakfast AND lunch!) water bottle, make-up bag..... However, they did get my FAVORITE hair clip in my purse. Oh well... Like I said, at least the boy and I were not hurt.



My state of mind is this...someone out there has my ID....CREEPY!!

Bastards!


Hope you guys are all having a happy and safe day.

No comments: