Friday, October 14, 2005

Will you hold my hair?

I used to get really excited for Friday. It's a good day. It's a great day. It's the end of the week. We used to go out and have a great time at the bars. Go to a movie. Get our car booted at the Pulix in Buckhead. (only once, pal!) Now, hubby goes to poker once a month, I go out with one set of girlfriends or the other and we get a babysitter (typically my youngest sister). That's only one weekend a month, though. The other 3 weeks we are usually home. Not that that's a bad thing, we're usually so wiped by the end of the week all we want to do is sleep. It's usually the night we go to bed the earliest.

But I digress. This is really about me getting older and not knowing how I feel about it. A couple of months ago we went to a party in B-head at a bar that a couple of my friends from high school run. It was a birthday/charity event and I drank too much. I did the whole drunk girl routine and even puked in the Wawful Hou$e parking lot. Yeah, you pretty much can't take me anywhere. It was sad. I was mad at myself. Hell, I'm 32 years old. (I was just 31 at the time. I didn't know any better....lol) I just don't drink enough to drink the way I drank that night. I repeat, it was sad. I've never been a pretty drunk, but I'm a friendly drunk. ;- ) Just ask the dear hubby. I totally macked on him in the bar. Like I said...I'm a friendly drunk.

I'm just one of those people who can have one or two drinks and be okay, but once I get a third one I tend to binge. Therefore, I tend to not drink at all. I think I had 7 or 8 drinks that night. I know...DUH! Didn't I learn anything in college or the 10 years since?? Yes, but I'm also WAY out of practice.

No comments: