Thursday, July 20, 2006

Out, out, damn spot!!

So, the D-man had to go in to work last night to do some stuff. So, I decided to paint my toenails and relax and watch the new mini-show by my favorite horror writer that comes on at 9pm. So, I get to painting and with one slip of the hand I knock my Opi "Cajun Shrimp" nail polish all over our cream colored carpet. Rock on.

What to do? What to do?

So, I spend the next 30 minutes trying to use nail polish remover. (by the way, this is a bad idea) This works on the first couple of splotches, but damn that polish dries quickly. So then, I get this idea. I will cut it out. It's really only on the top layer of the carpet(and it's kind of in a pretty pattern). So, back down we go with my little orange-handled scissors. I got most of it out, but it took 2 hours.

Note: When buying fingernail polish remover (for removal from carpet, that is), do not by the non-acetone kind. It's some kind of awful stink! My son woke up twice in the night even though we put a towel under his door to attempt to block the stench. We had to sleep with the bedroom door open and the 2 fans on full-blast. I feel sick today.

I just wish I'd thought of the scissors first. Some days, I'm not so smart. :-)

No comments: