Friday, February 16, 2007

Denny, Denny, Denny!! or VD recap

Whoo hoo. Okay, so Meredith might be dead...so what. She bugs me anyway. However, we get a view of Denny...Whoo Whoo. I'm sorry, I know I'm a sap, but he was just the best character. So, damned loveable. You couldn't help but love him. (D-man didn't get it, but he also didn't get Ewan McGregor in "Moulin Rouge" either...) I think the idea of Denny was what was so appealing about him. He knew what he wanted and he made sure that the woman he loved knew it. I think that's what men miss most of the time is that women want to feel wanted. At least, I know I do.

That said, on the heels of a great Valentine's day for me, I just wanted to let you know how much I love my D-man. Sometimes, often, it's the little things that count. He brought roses to my office. He could have sent them, but he brought them himself. That was the best part. He brought them himself. Then, when we get home from work that day he presents me with a charm bracelet from Jame$ Avery (that I wanted) with two charms; a bride and groom and baby shoes. It's my new favorite item in the whole world. He listened. He heard. If you listen to people and really hear them you can make them happy. If you want to, that is. It's not the fact that he bought me things (although, that WAS a nice touch), but that he listens. Did I mention he brought the roses to me himself. He took time out of his day to make mine happier.

Now, it's my turn to try to be a good listener, because I don't think I've been that good lately.

No comments: