Tuesday, September 13, 2005

You Say It's Your Birthday...

da na na na na na....it's my birthday, too. Yeah!

Yes, today is my birthday. Whoo! I love my birthday. Some people get upset about growing older...not me. Nope. Not at all. I swear!

My birthday has always been such a fun day...except the time my mom didn't realize I was joking and made me a coconut cake... I cried. She cried. It was bad. I HATE coconut! (did I stress that enough? I mean I HAAAAAATE coconut. blah!) I don't even like coconut rum. Ick! Blech! Yuck! Okay.

So, aside from that one all of my birthdays have been pretty stellar. Just knowing that you made it one more year is something in itself.

One of my favorite quotes is "The purpose of life is to fight maturity"-Dick Werthimer. (Of course, I had to look up the author.) Fortunately, most of my friends feel the same way...in one way or another. First of all, we're mature in an immature way. I mean, who's REALLY mature. There's time to be mature when you're on your deathbed. Although, I think I want that to be fun.

Another quote I like is "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Woo hoo! What a ride!" I can't find who said that, but I love it.

Have a great day. I know I will. :-)

No comments: