Monday, August 21, 2006

What's in a name?

Okay, I know there's a name for people who go around the office scrounging for food. What is it? Does anyone know? I can't remember. Anyway, we have one of those in my office right now. I will call this person "The BFG". You remember the book by Roald Dahl, don't you?

My co-worker and I share an office. It's a nice large space and I can see out of the window in the person's office across from me. We have a plant (fake) and a coconut man we've dubbed "Wilson'. Occasionally, we plug in the Christmas lights. It's generally pleasant. We have our own little contraband microwave and fridge that 'Catbert' the evil HR director constantly threatens to remove b/c it's not "to code". Yeah, okay. Whatever. Try it and we'll just hide it in the closet where there is a plug and no one ever goes in there. HA (so there.)

Quite often, one person in particular comes in and opens the fridge and starts scrounging. My co-worker and I are the only ones who put food in there so if the BFG gets anything out, we know it's does not belong to said BFG. Duh, it's not rocket science. My co-worker once was missing low carb yogurt. Gee, I wonder who the culprit could be??? Argh. And trust me, a couple of things of low carb yogurt are not going to do this person ANY good. (okay, that was mean.) As I said, ARGH

Anyway, to you office fridge vultures I offer this advice. We know who you are. Stop it and stay away.

T. Out.

No comments: